Come join our growing team!
The Sares Regis Group of Irvine, California, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management firm that focuses on commercial properties and multifamily communities in the western U.S. Since its founding in 1993, SRG has developed and acquired more than $7 billion in commercial and residential assets. The company manages a combined portfolio of approximately 21 million square feet of office and industrial space and 19,500 apartment units.
The Sares Regis group is seeking an experienced administrator to support the Risk Manager regarding all aspects of commercial insurance and risk management programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Responsibility includes preparing of outgoing mail, correspondences, email and faxes.
- Answers and responds to telephone calls. Responsibility includes but not limited to calls from managers, employees, insurance broker, lenders, owners, legal, attorneys, claims adjusters, vendors.
- Obtain new property insurance quotes from insurance broker. Review information for accuracy.
- Instruct broker to add new property to insurance policies. Responsibility includes deleting sold property. Follow up on refund premiums.
- Organize and maintains Schedule of Property Insurance Values include compilation of underwriting information and coverage placement.
- Maintain and update master certificate holders list for the company and response to request for certificates. Responsibility includes but not limited to ordering new certificates required by lenders, partners, owners, investors, cities and municipalities.
- Arrange insurance company loss control inspections with managers. Review loss control recommendations with managers. Create system to follow up with managers on implementation of recommendations and advise inspectors.
- Review Incident Reports on property and third party liability claims for irregularities, accuracy and completeness. Responsibility includes gathering missing information from managers. Discuss all incidents with Risk Manager prior to filing a claim with insurance broker and insurers.
- Handle mostly routine non-complex claims and limited settlement authority.
- Organizes and maintains Claims Reporting Procedures for third-party owned assets. Responsibility includes file system for property and liability incident reports, claims investigation reports, litigation reports and other records.
- Administers occupational related injuries. Work with worker's comp claims adjusters, nurse case managers, treating doctors to facilitate Return-To-Work Program for injured workers.
- Coordinate with Property Managers to ensure injuries is reported to Worker's Comp carrier timely. Follow up with Manager to complete required worker's comp paperwork.
- Follow up weekly on doctor's work status reports. Verify work restrictions can be accommodated by Property Manager.
- Maintain and update OHSA 300 Log for Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting.
- Distributes Worker's Compensation Posters required by law to property managers. Follow up with managers to ensure the Posters are displayed in the office and visible to all employees.
- Maintain Medical Provider Network (MPN). Report new property locations to USHW and upload updated MPN schedule to SharePoint.
- Participate in open claims meeting with Risk Manager, Insurance Company and Broker.
- Participate with Risk Manager in Safety and Ergonomics Training. Make copies of class materials or other printed correspondence.
- Participate in insurance and risk control webinars and seminars.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or one to three years' work experience and/or training in commercial insurance and risk management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Outlook Contact Management systems; EXCEL Spreadsheet software, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K match and more!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All positions contingent on completion of successful background screen and drug test.